The Importance of Keywords in eLearning Course Design
Keywords in eLearning course design will refer to the specific terms or phrases that describe the content and purpose within the online course.
They play a crucial role in your SEO ranking as well as helping to make the course discoverable to potential students through your website. Keywords help to improve the overall user experience by helping to confirm the relevance of the course content.
Why Keywords are Critical in eLearning Course Design
- They help to improve your Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Able to reach more people
- Increases your organic traffic
- Reaches your target audience
- Allows for an easier user experience
Keywords improve the User Experience (UX)
- Keep your keyword relevant
- Use your keywords in course or module titles
- Keywords help to clarify the content type
How to Select the Right Keywords for your eLearning Course
- Firstly, define your target audience
- Find out what keywords your competitors are using
- Use keyword research tools such as Google Ads, Keyword Planner or SEMrush
- Keep it relevant and specific, make sure it accurately describes the content
- Monitor your keyword performance on tools such as Google Search Console.
Tips for Incorporating Keywords into Your eLearning Course Design
- Incorporate keywords into course titles, descriptions, and content. These are the most important places that contribute to your SEO score.
- Use keyword-rich language. This means you need to use your keywords throughout your content.
- Ensure that the keywords align with the course content. They must make sense in context of what’s being taught.
- Be careful not to over-optimise. It’s important to use your keywords, but when you try and use too many, it can have a negative effect. Readers may get confused if you cram so many keywords into the content it starts to become overwhelming. Google will also recognise that you’re trying to cheat on your SEO attempts.
Keywords are a critical aspect of eLearning course design as they help to improve the discoverability of your course, enhance the user experience and increase the relevance of your content. By carefully researching and selecting the right keywords, and incorporating them effectively into your course design, you can ensure success in your online learning endeavours.
Build your online course with eCoach
We can help you to take all the hassle out of creating your own eLearning course. Chat to us today and we can talk to you about developing your very own tailored LMS or LXP Platform.
Email: [email protected]
Watch the video below for a quick little introduction to us!